Collection Consultation/Auction Representation
We can offer you our professional expertise in the formation of your collection via private sales or auctions. No matter how much knowledge you have amassed from reading, visiting collections, attending shows and auction previews, you are on your own. We can help you.
Here are some advantages in working with us:
- Over 40 years' experience handling quality American decoys and folk art.
- Decoys and folk art have been our only business for over 30 years.
- Co-author of the definitive Mason Decoy books.
- Helped guide the development of some of the finest decoy and folk art collections.
- We have assisted major collectors, publications and museums.
- References upon request. Read our Testimonials »
Here’s what we can do for you:
- Avoid buying mistakes. We can provide added assurance in bidding at auction. Is the object "right?" Are there condition issues that make it less than desirable? How much is it worth? Some auction houses do NOT guarantee their descriptions. Auction houses represent the seller. They want to sell at the highest possible price. We’ll help you avoid "buyer remorse."
- Guide and shape your collection, following your lead. You can spend a lot of money on "things." Even if you have done your homework and your objects are original, a collection must have direction. We can help you find your way.
- Find the objects you want. We have the resources, either directly or as your representative.
- Protect your anonymity. All of your transactions are discreet.
- Added confidence to buy "right" at auction for a low fee.
- Shipping. We’ll ship your purchases to you quickly, at our cost.